Sunday, August 25, 2013

2,100 miles later...



On the 18th I left home for a 2,100 mile drive to Laughlin AFB in Del Rio, TX. I was accompanied by Alida, which was nice. We stopped in Dayton, OH, Tulsa, OK, and Austin, TX. Austin was a pretty nice city that I will definately return to. I reported in to the transition flight here on the 22nd and began inprocessing. Of course it is not going smoothly because the miliary personnel flight (MPF) at Maxwell never put in the paperwork to update me in DEERs, so the MPF here had to do it, and now I have to wait until that goes through. We went to the officers club on Friday night. It was "drop night" for class 13-14 who graduates next week, which is a party where they find out their assignments (airframe and location). It was pretty cool and I'm looking forward to many more nights at the officers club because the beer was cheap and there are no bars in Del Rio that are worth going into. We also checked out Amistad Reservoir, which is just outside of town. We found a cool place to go cliff jumping. See the pictures below. The final picture is of the Riverwalk in San Antonio. Its a pedestrian walkway right alongside a river that is in the middle of downtown. It is lined with stores and restaurants. This week I have more inprocessing stuff to do. I also have an appointment to get issued equipment and fitted for a g-suit. Other than that time is pretty much mine to spend how I need to so I'm ready to start class the following week. I'll check in again once class starts.



No comments:

Post a Comment