I'm leaving Saratoga today. I plan on spending a weekend with my family and friends down in Pleasantville before driving to Maxwell AFB in Montgomery, AL.
Yesterday I completed outprocessing at Westover. For those unfamiliar with the military, whenever you leave a base you have to outprocess. This entails visiting a bunch of organizations on base such as finance, medical, family support, training, personnel (military version of HR), and probably a few more I forgot. They make sure you have everything you need, and give you an envelope to bring with you to give to the next base you arrive at. When you arrive at the new base you inprocess, which accomplishes the opposite of outprocessing.
I stopped at the base exchange and picked up the last of the uniform items I need. I think, in total, I only spent about $300 on uniforms. The unit picked up the other $1500. I'll try to post a picture of all the stuff when I get home and lay it all out. It's going to take some creative packing to arrange it in a way that allows me to carry everything at once. Once I leave my car I wont see it again for several weeks; everything has to go in one trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment