I meant to start this blog a while ago, but didn't get around to it until now. I suppose I didn't want to "jinx"anything. Anyway, after beginning the process to get picked up for a pilot slot in the Air Force Reserve, I finally have dates for Officer Training School (OTS) and Undergraduate Pilot Training (UPT) class date. OTS starts 29 May 2013 at Maxwell AFB and runs for about 10 weeks, UPT starts 9 Sept 2013 and runs until September 2014 at Laughlin AFB. For now, I'll let this website summarize what goes on at UPT since I have yet to experience it (http://www.baseops.net/militarypilot/).
A few weeks after the Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) Fall 2013 Selection Board, I received a phone call from the recruiter informing me that the board had released their selections; and I was one of them. On December 14th, I traveled to Westover ARB to swear in as part of the 337th Airlift Squadron. Following the swearing in I was fortunate enough to get some time in the Unit's full-motion C-5 simulator.
Below is a picture of me being sworn in by Lieutenant Colonel Smith, the Chief Pilot of the 337th AS.
In my next post I will go through the events, some of which can only be described as serendipitous, that lead me to this point.

No comments:
Post a Comment